Rules & Regulations
If family members other than parents send a photo of the child, you must include a written permission slip from parents or the child’s guardian.
Enter by mail to Baby of the Year, c/o The Newfoundland Herald, P.O. Box 2015, St. John’s, NL A1C 5R7; or online at nfldherald.com. Please include the baby’s name, parents’ names, date of birth, hometown, and contact information. Two babies will qualify every week. Our Baby of the Year will be chosen from all weekly qualifiers. The overall winner will appear on the cover of the first issue of The Newfoundland Herald in 2023.
• Babies must be under the age of two by Dec. 31, 2022 (born in 2021 or 2022).
• Babies must reside in NL.
• Employees and immediate family members of The Newfoundland Herald and its affiliated companies are not eligible to enter.
• You may enter as often as you wish, though once your child is chosen as our weekly winner, they aren’t eligible to win again.
• Photos must be at least 200 dpi, be clear and unobstructed (the fewer accessories the better). No photos will be returned.
• The contest starts on Dec. 27, 2021, and ends on Oct. 31, 2022.
• If family members other than parents send an entry, you must include a permission slip from parents or guardians.
• At the end of the contest, vote for your favourite qualifier by logging onto the website nfldherald.com.